What to Watch For: Conference Championships
Wichita Wild at Tri-Cities Fever (Friday June 29, 2012)
- The Wild and the Tri-Cities Fever have never played each other.
- This is Tri-Cities second consecutive Intense Conference Championship appearance. The Fever are 1-0. They defeated the Allen Wranglers 67-46 in 2011.
- Wichita is 0-3 All-time in conference championship games. They have never advanced to the United Bowl.
- Wild DL Matt Moss was selected as the 2012 IFL Co-Defensive Player of the Year along with Bloomington LB Ameer Ismail.
- DB Kendrick Harper and K James Chandler were named IFL Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week respectively.
- After last week’s game vs Colorado QB Houston Lillard ranks second in IFL career postseason passing yards with 1,140.
- Lillard is also the IFL career postseason leader in interceptions with 10.
- RB Tywon Hubbard’s 129 rushing yards in the Wild’s first-round game vs. Allen is second most in an IFL postseason game.
- The Wichita Wild have won nine out of their last 11 games after starting 1-4.
- Wild WR Tim Simmons has six TDs in the last three games.
- Wild RB Tywon Hubbard has 4 consecutive games of 80 or more kick return yards.
- Wild RB Tywon Hubbard has two 200 yard All-Purpose games in his last three games.
- The Fever have never lost a home playoff game (2-0).
- Fever QB Houston Lillard has thrown 4 or more touchdowns in four consecutive games.
- Fever RB Dennis Kennedy has rushed for a touchdown in 4 consecutive games.
- Head Coach Adam Shackleford is 4-1 in his last five playoff games.
Green Bay at Sioux Falls (Saturday June 30, 2012)
- This game is a rematch of the 2011 United Conference Championship game.
- The Storm are 4-0 all-time against the Green Bay Blizzard. All four games have been decided by 19 or more points.
- Storm QB Chris Dixon was named IFL Offensive Player of the Week on Tuesday.
- Storm QB Chris Dixon was named IFL MVP and Green Bay Head Coach Robert Fuller was named Coach of the Year. This is the second time in IFL the MVP and the Coach of the Year have faced off in the playoffs.
- Chris Dixon has played in every IFL Conference Championship.
- Green Bay is 2-3 All-Time in the IFL playoffs. This is their second conference championship. The Blizzard have never advanced to the United Bowl.
- The Storm scored an IFL post-season record 79 points in their first-round victory over the Steelhawks. The Storm also set a record for most points in a quarter (35) and half (63).
- Storm QB Chris Dixon threw eight touchdown passes vs. the Steelhawks, which ties the IFL postseason record.
- The Storm forced an IFL record seven Steelhawk turnovers.
- Storm K Parker Douglass made 11 PATs vs the Steelhawks which breaks the previous IFL postseason record of 10 set by Allen’s Garrett Cortney in 2011.
- Blizzard RB LaRon Council’s 102 rushing yards vs. the Edge is third-most in a single post-season game.
- The Sioux Falls Storm are undefeated and have won 15 games this season.
- The Storm have never lost a home playoff game since joining the IFL.
- Storm WR Carl Sims has had two consecutive games of two or more TD catches.
- Storm WR Clinton Solomon has had at least one TD catch in 15 consecutive games.
- Storm DL Jeremiah Price has seven consecutive games with at least a half a tackle for loss.
- Blizzard RB LaRon Council has topped 100 yards rushing in three of the last four games.
- Council also has topped 20 rushing attempts in four consecutive games.
- Blizzard LB Greg Jackson has 10 or more tackles in consecutive games.
- Storm QB Chris Dixon had his streak of 15 consecutive games with a rushing touchdown snapped in the first round vs. the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks.